Discover the Leahurst difference!
At Leahurst College, international/ESL students are welcomed to a nurturing environment with a focus on academic excellence and innovation. International students will have the opportunity to improve their English, succeed academically and prepare to study in North America’s top universities. AP (Advanced Placement) exam preparation is supported at the senior levels for an additional fee.
Some of the Leahurst differences are:
- International/ESL students attend classes with Canadian students, allowing them to enhance English skills, make Canadian friends and learn about the culture! ESL support may come at additional cost.
- The academic program is anything but ordinary. It includes outdoor education, field trips, overnight travel and special events.
- Students live with host families, who are carefully selected to provide students with a caring and well-supervised environment.
- Leahurst is located in Kingston, Ontario, which is a safe community of 120,000 people, with many amenities.
International / English-as-a-Second-Language (ESL) Student Fees - Subject to Change
- International students are considered to be students who are not Canadian Citizens or Permanent Residents
- ESL students are considered to be students who require any ESL support.
Application Fee: $300.00 - due with the application. Please send a bank draft to our physical address, or e-transfer to email@example.com.
Regular tuition fees are the same as for local students, and are set based on grade level. Discounted tuition rates do not apply. Regular tuition fees do NOT include homestay support, homestay fees, ESL support, ESL classes, ESL tutoring, community orientation, international administration fees, recruitment or referral fees, health insurance, or guarantor fees. All fees are in Canadian dollars, but do not include referral or recruitment commissions.
Homestay placement fee to set up the student with an appropriate host family: $500 (one-time fee, to Leahurst College).
Homestay fee: $900 monthly if organized through Leahurst College.
If homestays are organized with Canada Homestay, all fees are negotiated directly with them.
International/ESL students must meet the following admission requirements:
- Academically strong
- Intermediate English ability
- If you have a TOEFL or TOEFL Junior score, please submit it with the application
- Spoken English skills will be assessed through a Zoom interview
Please begin the process by completing our Online Application form. Then, send your complete application package as directed on the How to Apply page.
Canadian Study Permit
Once conditionally accepted to Leahurst College, and after paying a $10,000 CDN deposit to Leahurst College as part of your application, Leahurst College will issue a letter confirming such acceptance, and you will be able to apply to our Canadian Government for a Study Permit. Should you be denied a Study Permit, your deposit will be returned.
Students who are Canadian citizens or who have a parent who is a Canadian citizen do not require a Study Permit. If the student is under 18 years of age, and a parent already has a Study or Work Permit, then that student also does not need a Study Permit.
Study Permit processing times can be up to 4 months in length, so please begin this process early.
Every international student at Leahurst is required to have health insurance. We will assist you with this purchase once you have been accepted to the School.
To learn more about international education at Leahurst, please contact our Director of Admissions, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to welcoming you to Leahurst College!